lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011


                                                           Daddy's little girl, that's me.
                                                    The one who used to look up at him,
                                                        with admiration filling my eyes.

                                           Looking at him now, eyes fill with the burn of neglect as
                                                      my mind is consumed by questions.
                                       Remember when you held my hand to cross the street?
                              Remember when you used to tuck me into bed and say I love you?
                                                Remember when yelling wasn't a daily thing?
                                             I hate not hearing you say "I'm so proud of you!"
                                                    I hate hearing " You stupid lazy bitch!"

                                                The alcohol has consumed the father I loved,
                                                 consumed the loving man you once was.
                                                   Now it's left you hateful towards all,
                                                        wanting to end life and leave.

                                               "I have nothing left here except my beer."
                                                   But daddy, I'm here... look at me!
                                                     Look at me with love and hope!
                                         I can't help, I've tried! Stop pushing everyone away!
                                                   "I just want to be with my father."

                                  But daddy in time you will be, I just want to be with MY father.
                                         Don't rob me of this; don't rob me of my daddy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario